Monday, November 30, 2015

IEM San Jose Part 1

Hey guys!
This past weekend I went to a gaming event  called Intel Extreme Masters. IEM was located in San Jose, California, which was a convenient location given where I live. The tournament was based on the video game Counter Strike: Global Offensive. I left for the event on the morning of the 19th; at about 8 AM. I traveled to San Jose by airplane and we (my step dad and I) landed around 9:30 AM. Once we landed, we got a taxi to the hotel and we dashed to the check-in counter to store our bags. One the bags were stored, we were officially "event-bound"! As the SAP Center was within a mile from our hotel, we decided to walk. The walk to the center took about 10 minutes, and the while time I was bursting with excitement! As we approached the stadium I spotted a line of about 3,000+ people. The line would easily take 1+ hour, meaning that I would be waiting in line for the entire duration of the first match. Flustered, my step dad and I walked to the back of the line. As we were about to be THE LAST PEOPLE IN LINE, an idea popped into my head. I told my step dad that I'd be right back, as I started running up a flight of concrete stairs. I looped around the perimeter of the stadium until I would what I was looking for; another entrance. This entrance had 50 people waiting in line; I had found the hole in the wall entrance! I called my step dad and notified him of my newly found entrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment